The Audix OM2 is a handheld hypercardioid dynamic microphone designed to deliver highly directional capture of vocals and instruments in recording sessions and live stage applications. It boasts low handling noise and a hypercardioid polar pattern, which not only minimizes feedback caused by nearby monitors and speakers, but also reduces the pickup of stage bleed and room ambience. The dynamic element’s low-mass diaphragm responds quickly to transients and handles sound pressure levels up to 140 dB.
It produces a frequency response of 50 Hz to 16 kHz with a mild rise centered at approximately 150 Hz along with a moderate presence boost above 2 kHz. The gold-plated XLR 3-pin output ensures compatibility with most microphone preamps and mixer inputs, and the zinc alloy body with a dent-resistant steel mesh grille provides road-ready protection and durability. The OM2 was designed, assembled, and tested in the USA, and ships with a microphone clip and carrying pouch.
- VLM Type-B capsule delivers quick transient response and a warm, full sound with gentle bass proximity
- Hypercardioid polar pattern provides off-axis rejection of over 25 dB and high gain before feedback
- Slight rise peaking at 150 Hz and approximately 5 dB of boost from 3 to 6 kHz
- Can be used for a wide variety of instruments and vocals
- Maximum SPL of 140 dB allows audio capture of loud sources without distortion
- Low handling noise
- Provides excellent vocal isolation on stage
- Durable zinc alloy housing with dent-resistant steel mesh grille
- Designed, assembled, and tested in the USA
Shipping States: New York (United States (US))
- Store Name: Dyckman Electronics
- Vendor: Avi Oz
151-B Dyckman Street
New York, NY 10034
- No ratings found yet!
Product Location151-B Dyckman Street, New York, NY, 10034
30 days return or exchange.